RE: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-09-06 04:44:58

Personally I don't care that much where the meetings take place - I am
more interested WHEN they take place. For me it is the PEOPLE that
make a meeting good or bad - not the location. There are people
working in much worse conditions than we are, and still
they manage to
do a great job.

Humans can do amazing things in truly abysmal conditions but
how this is relevant is beyond me unless the contest is to
see how miserable we can make ourselves (3 meetings/year in
Minneapolis, anyone?).

The point is that we in IETF are a bunch of lazy and spoiled children.

I am not saying that we should see how miserable we can make ourselves on
purpose. I am saying that if there is a will, there is a way.

Regards,

Christer