RE: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-09-06 06:59:40
Tim Bray [mailto:tbray(_at_)textuality(_dot_)com] writes:

I should point out that Canada has most of the logistical advantages the usa
enjoys, while imposing quite a bit less visa pain.

Well, yes, except that in my experience direct international flight to
Canada are a lot more expensive than international connections to Canada
through the US and since the concept of international transit is foreign to
the American authorities (after all, having reached Heaven on Earth why
would anyone want to go anywhere else? ;-), we're right back where we
started.

.