Re: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-09-07 15:42:32
On 9/3/10 3:45 PM, Hascall Sharp wrote:

On 8/30/10 3:57 PM, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
...snip...

Am I missing something?
...snip...

Yes.  The IETF is having too many meetings where physical presence is
required in order to participate effectively in the work.

We have the same number as when I started attending around ietf 37.

It seems to me that IETF is going in the wrong direction in terms of
meetings.

We have more working groups having online virtual interims, the
workplace of reference for virtually all working groups remains the
mailing list, that I think is demonstrative of the opposite.

But maybe I'm getting old and cranky and everyone else has an ever
expanding travel budget.

not likely.

chip