Re: draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08

2010-09-17 05:41:20
Hi SM,

SM wrote:
[...]

Although there was strong concerns about this draft during the Last-Call, the IESG has approved publication. Quoting some comments made recently by an Area Director:

 "I don't think that it specifies well requirements it is trying to
  fulfil and it doesn't use email infrastructure well while doing that."

And a previous comment:

"This is really hackish. Display names are not intended to be used like this."

Well, yes. But my personal bar for publishing an Informational document on something which is already deployed, is much lower.

Regards,
Alexey

--
IETF Application Area Director, <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html>