draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08

2010-09-15 16:00:37
Hello,
At 09:37 08-08-10, Dave CROCKER wrote:
This is a summary review, with a focus on design goals and systems-level issues.
Based on my reading of the specification, much more in-depth reviews of this
specification are appropriate and required, to consider the fine-grained details
which could be problematic.  However, this deeper review should wait for
resolution of the more basic problems with the design and specification.

draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08 was reviewed by Dave Crocker on August 8, 2010 [1]. I haven't seen any response to the review.

Although there was strong concerns about this draft during the Last-Call, the IESG has approved publication. Quoting some comments made recently by an Area Director:

 "I don't think that it specifies well requirements it is trying to
  fulfil and it doesn't use email infrastructure well while doing that."

And a previous comment:

"This is really hackish. Display names are not intended to be used like this."

I'll read Section 6.5.2 of BCP 9.

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg01709.html