Re: US DoD and IPv6

2010-10-13 15:27:42
On 2010-10-13 12:46, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
The original idea seems to have been that IPSEC would be a big enough
incentive to upgrade.

I've been keeping out of this conversation because I have other things to do,
like working on effective technologies for v4/v6 coexistence, but I have
to protest at this version of the "IPv6 is more secure" myth. I don't
think anybody ever advanced this as a serious technical incentive.

What was always pointed out is that IPv6 use of IPsec doesn't have to
deal with NAT traversal, which was an issue for IPv4 use of IPsec,
until RFC 3948 came along in 2005. Since then, even the weak form of
the "more secure" myth has been indefensible.

I am of course discounting bogus marketing arguments.

     Brian