Re: US DoD and IPv6

  I have
to protest at this version of the "IPv6 is more secure" myth. I don't
think anybody ever advanced this as a serious technical incentive.

I heard the most august Howard Schmidt make a simple and direct claim that it was, a few years back.

I asked him about it privately and got an answer that mostly was of the form "it's a new chance to look at security issues". This, of course, had nothing to do with the sort of assertion he had made.

v6 has regularly been sold with promises for all sorts of things it was not designed to deliver. While it's never possible to ensure that this sort of thing never happens, the v6 effort really did not work very hard at producing and delivering a clear message of the problems it /would/ solve.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking