Re: secdir review of draft-ietf-simple-msrp-sessmatch

2010-10-14 12:22:58
I have reviewed the updated draft, and I believe it to be much clearer in intent
and in which modifications to the underlying matching semantics are present.
If it were to progress in its current form, I would not have any
technical objections.
While it is still somewhat confusing to have a URI comparison method defined
but not used, it is at least clear what the method is and what is used instead
in this.

On the general clarity, I also have to say that I believe that the document
tipped over the "diff" line somewhere.  That is, as a set of edits it is now
sufficiently complex that it would almost certainly be better to apply
the edits and re-spin the whole document rather than provide a set of
textual diffs in the current format.  If the ADs and WG chairs feel that there
is no energy to tackle such a major editorial change, however, I certainly
understand.  It is possible to build up the correct state with the two
documents;
it is just more difficult.

regards,

Ted Hardie