Re: No single problem... (was Re: what is the problem bis)

2010-10-29 20:24:43
Well I for one would prefer to call the IESG's bluff than spend five minutes
proposing taking HTTP to STANDARD.

We are clearly not following the process and have not been doing for ten
years. I don't think there is anyone who is even claiming the the process is
viable.

So why is there so much resistance to changing a process that we are not
following?

Fear of unspecified bad happenings is not a justification. There are plenty
of standards organizations that can manage to do this. If the doomsday
people are so worried about the possibility of something bad then we should
adopt a process from W3C or ITU or OASIS that is proven to work.

So in my view there are two options

1) Adopt Russ's proposal to change the process documentation to reflect
reality

2) Admit that we don't understand process and choose a process from some
other group.

My preference would be for the first option. But if people are really
serious in their belief that there could be something really bad from
tinkering with this that would argue for #2.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Randy Presuhn
<randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com

Hi -