Re: text versions of ID and RFCs

2010-11-11 02:43:38

On 11 Nov 2010, at 08:33, Yaakov Stein wrote:

Sure I can ftp. But usually I search for the draft I want using my browser,
and it would be clumsier to have to shift to ftp instead of clicking.

It is easier to retrieve them from any of the mirror sites
that download them via my browser in CR-LF format.
Only the official site gives me in "Unix" format.

It would be great to enable choosing the format desired by right-clicking.

Given the Secretariat announced they would start digitally signing I-Ds from
8th Nov and that RFC5485 states "In accordance with the NVT standard, the
<CRLF> sequence MUST be used to denote the end of a line of text" [for text/XML
formats], I suspect the problem you are facing may go away naturally?

Ben