Re: Alternative Proposal for Two-Stage IETF Standardization

2010-11-11 02:45:15
Russ,

Dave:

This is a significant improvement from my perspective.  We need a
mechanism to implement it.  The mechanism does not need to be heavy
weight, and it might be as simple as some statements in a Last Call,
allowing the community to support or challenge them.

Russ

Thank you for the hallway conversation on this.

When I counted last week, only 80 implementation reports have been filed with the IESG in the history of "ever", so this doesn't seem like the right hurdle for advancement.

I think your suggestion to make assertions at Last Call time and asking for supporting/challenging statements sounds very reasonable. The IESG can do the right thing based on Last Call comments.

Thanks,

Spencer