Re: Alternative Proposal for Two-Stage IETF Standardization

2010-11-11 04:56:09

On 11/11/2010 4:23 PM, Russ Housley wrote:
This is a significant improvement from my perspective.  We need a
mechanism to implement it.  The mechanism does not need to be heavy
weight, and it might be as simple as some statements in a Last Call,
allowing the community to support or challenge them.

If I understand both your statement here and your comment in the hallway discussion, I suspect that the requirement would be satisfied by having various folk submit a form with some standard language on it, making an attestation along the lines of the language I submitted.

Said more plainly: Some people would need to claim that the developed or know of an independent implementation that conforms to the spec and works with other specs.

Forgetting about the task of agreeing on the exact language, would this suffice?

I guess the Last Call message would include something like:

    The following individuals and/or organization
    have stated that [...]:

Yes?

d/
--