Re: Alternative Proposal for Two-Stage IETF Standardization

2010-11-11 20:25:50
Hi, Ned,

Russ,

> Dave:
>
> This is a significant improvement from my perspective.  We need a
> mechanism to implement it.  The mechanism does not need to be heavy
> weight, and it might be as simple as some statements in a Last Call,
> allowing the community to support or challenge them.
>
> Russ

Thank you for the hallway conversation on this.

When I counted last week, only 80 implementation reports have been filed
with the IESG in the history of "ever", so this doesn't seem like the right
hurdle for advancement.

I assume that figure was arrived at by looking at:

 http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation-report.html

If so, it's apropos of nothing, since the list is incomplete. Just as one
example, MIME interop info isn't on it, and that information definitely was
generated.

Yes, that's correct. That's where the figure came from.

Spencer