Re: The new version of draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized (Last Call)

2010-12-16 10:00:33
Daniel,

I'll now explain that. Let A is the host-under-debugging (HUD). There is another host, B, which is debugger. Let there is some new HTTP server software on A. B's sending requests with different methods, headers and entity to test A for appropriate processing of headers. Let B is sending the request with header X-Foo, which is to be used or already used widely among the Internet. But A does not recognize it. But it is not easy for developers to get known this. If discussed header is used, B testers can simply analyze A's answer (as it is to be done at all) to find out the problem and fix it. That is debugging purpose, IMO.

Hope I explained everything clearly.

Any suggestions are welcome.

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev