Re: BCP request: WiFi at High-Tech Meetings

2010-12-29 09:59:01

Dave,

I think you will find that our NOC people have a great deal of
experience and perhaps even a list of do's and don'ts for this type of
design. In the end, this technology will not scale without bonds if
we're talking about n-thousand people sitting in a plenary hall, but
there are obviously a lot that can be done with a distribution of
multiple lower-powered (configured as such) units that don't use
overlapping channels, use of various 802.11 flavors (a, n, etc) and
more SSIDs, all in the name of load sharing.

While there may not be a document, and I agree that it would be useful
to have one, there is certainly a collective body of knowledge on this
topic (including a "never again use base stations from xxxx..").

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj