Re: Question about Prague

2010-12-31 11:52:50

On Dec 31, 2010, at 1:41 AM, Fred Baker wrote:

On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Robin Uyeshiro wrote:
The GPS in the rental car (rented in Munich) did not have the street
information for Prague.

It's not unusual, or at least it wasn't in 1997, for German rental agencies
to not permit driving to the Czech Republic. As stated, my information is
dated. The point is - check your contract.

Before the Czech lands entered the EU (2004) that was very common, and very
strict. (In 1999 I was almost arrested for trying to drive my Hertz car to the
duty-free shop at the border crossing in Linz, Austria - by the Austrians! -
because my rental contract didn't allow for the Czech Republic.) Now, you
should tell your rental agency where you are going, but the last time I rented
a car and drove to Prague, we didn't have any issues at all. There shouldn't
even be a border post any more (since December 2007, the Czech Republic has
been part of the Schengen area).

Regards
Marshall