Re: Question about Prague

2011-01-01 08:02:06
Subject: Re: Question about Prague Date: Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 03:30:07PM -0500
Quoting Scott Brim (scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com):
On 12/31/2010 13:37 EST, Elwyn Davies wrote:
Driving into the Czech Republic shouldn't be a problem BUT you do have
to tell the rental agency in advance and they will make a supplementary
charge per day for the whole contract (not just the days you are out of
Germany) if my recent experience is anything to go by (hire in Austria,
drive to Slovenia).  Its not particularly cheap either.

I've learned that in general it costs too much to rent a car for
international driving in Europe.

The airport is reasonably close to the city, and (as just one sample)
Lufthansa LAX-MUC-PRG and PRG-FRA-LAX costs about 670EUR return flight
in cattle class. Prague has this quaint thing called Public Transport
-- apparently unknown in USA? -- that allows for efficient tram rides
downtown. My experience from a RIPE meeting couple years ago was of a
quite convenient travel experience.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668