Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Last Call Summary on draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

2011-01-08 02:35:03
On 08.01.2011 07:21, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
Hello all,

This document summarizes the Last Call for
draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized.

The Last Call was requested on 11 December, 2010 by Alexey Melnikov and
was announced on 13 November, 2010. The period of 32 days has been
assigned for this Last Call, that ends on 14 January, 2011.

The Last call has been requested for version -08. However during the
Last Call 3 new versions appeared. The latest one is -11, submitted on 8
January, 2011

If a draft changes three times during LC, there may be a problem. I encourage you to go back to the drawing board, and think hard(er about the feedback you got, in particular <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2010OctDec/0645.html>.

I also mentioned at least once that in many frameworks this is essentially un-implementable, as different types of header fields are processed by different, independent layers in the code, and thus there's no way some part of the code will ever *know* which headers have been "processed". Do you think that this is not a problem?

    * Syntax: Changed. Now is not /token**/but /1*VCAHR /for definition
      of the name of the header.

Why?

Best regards, Julian