Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Last Call Summary on draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

2011-01-08 09:58:36
Hello all,

I have revised all the comments I received now and during the Last Call. My previous message was just formal stating statistical data on LC. Here I'd like to mention what I really think of the document and its further destiny.

Many LC comments referred to that it would be uninteresting and useless to implement this. Maybe one of them seems the most interesting for me - it said about the 'Warning' headers that should be used in this occasion. This, IMO, is one of the most suitable for me and this technology. But if we implement this now using Warning, one problem is absence of IANA registry for Warning codes, such as for Status codes. As this message is now sent to httpbis WG mailing list, I ask you if there is a sense in creating such registry?

As for the initial draft, I think I'm about to withdraw /it /(but not my idea). So result of Last Call seems to be the following: the idea in the current implementation as Internet-Draft does not seem to be appropriate. So I'll raise this topic later.

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev