Re: Last Call: <draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names-01.txt> (Special-Use Domain Names) to Proposed Standard

2011-01-19 03:14:16
Hello all,

I am writing to comment draft-cheshire-dnsext-special-names-01, that
is currently in Last Call.

I've noticed that there is no clear definition of the created IANA
regsitry, as defined by RFC 5226.  Among other, there is no clear
definition of registry format and initial values.  I'd like to propose
you to take RFC 5797 as a base for registry desription.  That IANA
considerations section present in the current version is unsuitable
for Standards Track doc., IMO.

Moreover, as a minor note, there are no all abbreviations explained
once they appear in title, abstract and main text.

So I'd like the authors to correct this upon the end of LC.

All the best,
Mykyta