Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-15

2011-02-01 02:31:47
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api-15

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2011-2-1

IETF LC End Date: 2011-2-10

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.       In section 8.2 the path exploration parameters are different from
RFC 5534, missing keep alive interval. Why the difference.

2.       In section 11.1 you discuss conflict resolution for SHIM6, is this
also relevant for HIP or is it a specific SHIM6 problem. This also relates
to the issue of conflict resolution discussed in the security section.

3.       The last sentence in appendix A "Any solution is needed to overcome
the problem mentioned above" is not clear, does it mean that there is no
solution to the context forking problem.  Section 11.1 claims that using the
procedure described it addresses this issue, am I missing something.

Nits/editorial comments:

1.       In 8.2 for pe_keepaliveto, what are the units, I assume it is
seconds.

2.       In section 7 section paragraph "in which one ore" should be "in
which one or"