RE: RFC production center XML format usage, was: [IAOC] xml2rfc and legal services RFPs

2011-02-24 11:02:27
From: Henrik Levkowetz [henrik(_at_)levkowetz(_dot_)com]

This is at the top of the idnits output in submission checking mode:

  "Showing Errors (**), Warnings (==), and Comments (--).
  Errors MUST be fixed before draft submission."

Are people complaining about the errors or the warnings?

It would also add noise (i.e., text which to most people most of the
time would carry no relevant information, and would just have to be
ignored) to each and every idnits report.

If you google for 'idnits', go to the first hit and click on 'feedback'
you'll be able to send feedback to the right place.  Or go to
tools.ietf.org and click on idnits, and do the same.  I think that
should be easy enough, without adding more noise to the world.

Hey, man, you're the one who doesn't like getting pointless
complaints.  I'm just suggesting ways you might be able to reduce
them.

Dale