Re: Where to find IETF recommendations?

2011-02-28 04:10:34
Shane,

Like this one, aren't recommendations usually published as BCPs?

Bob

On Feb 28, 2011, at 11:44 AM, Shane Kerr wrote:

All,

I just happened to notice this document on ietf-announce today:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-server-logging-recommendations/

It seems quite reasonable.

My question is... how is this advice expected to trickle out into actual
use? There are more than 6000 RFCs, and they don't seem to be organized
in a useful way that I can find.

I ask because I was going to forward this to an IPv6 operations list,
and thought "hm... what about the rest?" and I realized I did not know,
and did not even know how to find out.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Shane