Re: [Int-area] Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-server-logging-recommendations-02.txt> (Logging recommendations for Internet facing servers) to BCP

2011-03-17 10:40:52
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   This is a late comment but I think it is worth raising it.

=> as the gen-art reviewer of the document I'd like to
understand the comment.

   This I-D recommends to log the source port number for
   internet-facing servers. But due to the presence of load-balancers
   in the path, the "original" source port may be lost. The source
   port number that will be passed to the target server may not be
   accurate and hence does not meet the initial requirment.

=> where are these load-balancers and as they perform a NAT function
why they don't log mappings they create? Or if they are placed in
front of servers why they are not integrated in the logging system?

Regards

Francis(_dot_)Dupont(_at_)fdupont(_dot_)fr