Re: Document formatting, was Automatically updated Table of Contents with Nroff

2011-03-25 14:56:24
What I'm opposed to, and what prompted my note, was purely what I
consider a misguided effort to turn the xml2rfc model from generic
markup into a formatting language.

For the record, I entirely agree.  The reason I've proposed adding
formatting twiddles to xml2rfc is so that the RFC Ed can use the
same tools as everyone else.  The idea to put the twiddlage into
a different namespace so we can discourage I-D authors from using
it is a reasonable one.

R's,
John

PS: One of the reasons nroff is so dead is that it's nearly impossible
to avoid coding format twiddles into your documents.