Re: [Update on Day Pass Experiment]

2011-03-31 15:14:01
At 09:50 31-03-2011, Bob Hinden wrote:
I had intended to send this update on the Day Pass Experiment to the IETF list in the middle of January. For reasons I don't understand, it was not sent. My apologies.

>>> Subject:  Update on Day Pass Experiment
>>>
>>> On 16 December 2010, the IAOC reviewed that status of the Day Pass experiment. After a long discussion, that is documented in the minutes (available at http://iaoc.ietf.org/minutes/iaoc_minutes.html), the IAOC approved the continuation of the Day Pass program for 2011. The IAOC will review the Day Pass program at the end of

On May 24, 2010, the IESG published a statement on NomCom Eligibility and Day Passes. According to the IESG Statement:

"An update to RFC 3777 will be needed to address this situation if at the end
   of the experiment the IAOC decides to make day passes a regular meeting
   registration alternative."

This Day Pass Experiment was started around 2009. Will there be an update to RFC 3777?

I would not call the message posted at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg61582.html as a statement of support about the IESG Statement. Is it up to the IAB, the IESG or the IOAC to take a decision that affects NomCom eligibility.

Regards,
-sm