Re: Call for a Jasmine Revolution in the IETF: Privacy, Integrity, Obscurity

2011-04-12 11:31:47
Todd,

This is totally confused and you are completely wrong.

Under the Federal Election Campaign
Act<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Election_Campaign_Act>,
an organization becomes a "political committee" by receiving contributions
or making expenditures in excess of $1,000 for the purpose of influencing a
federal election
[Source Wikipedia]

Since neither the IETF nor ISOC has any interest in influencing a federal
election, nor does it engage in any activity intended to do so, it is not a
political committee under the terms of the act.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM, todd glassey