Re: [paws] WG Review: Protocol to Access White Space database (paws)

2011-04-20 06:23:46
On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:13:13PM -0400, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

There is an argument, which you allude to, which would place this WG
in the Internet Area as part of "infrastructure."  While that does
not resonate with me, I do see that there is some merit in that
perspective.

On the other hand (to continue the analogy with the DNS despite
Richard's shuddering), DNS Extensions is also sort of an awkward fit
in the Internet area (perhaps partly because many applications ought
to be able to use DNS data but aren't, and perhaps partly because it
is in fact an application sitting atop all those other things worked
on in the Internet area).

encoding.  (The arguments get complex, and it takes care to avoid
religious assertions.)

Indeed -- particularly when history becomes one of those topics of
religious dispute.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com
Shinkuro, Inc.