Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-harkins-ipsecme-spsk-auth-03

2011-04-21 19:39:50

  Hi Roni,

  Thank you for reviewing my draft. Comments inline....

On Mon, April 11, 2011 5:11 am, Roni Even wrote:
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Minor issues:

1.    In section 8.5 and 8.6 the draft says that "If no more password
pre-processing techniques are supported the exchange MUST be
terminated."
Reading section 6, I thought that NONE MUST be supported for
interoperability purpose.

  One of the valid techniques for password pre-processing is "none".
That doesn't mean that there isn't a technique, it means the technique
is to perform no pre-processing on the password (treat it as a raw
blob of bits).

2.    In section 8.1 and in figure 1 and figure 2 is there a maximum value
for "counter"?

  No there isn't, but it is doubtful the number will get very large.
The probability that more than n iterations is necessary will be
roughly (1-(r/2p))^n, where r is the order and p is the prime, and
that number rapidly approaches zero as n increases.

Nits/editorial comments:

1.       In section 1 just before 1.1 you have "suceed" instead of
"succeed"

2.       In section 4 third bullet "an" instead of "and"

3.       In section 4.2 "Two elementx" instead of "Two elements"

4.       In section 5 second row "authenticaiton" should be
"authentication"

5.       In section 6 fourth row "identitcal" instead of "identical"

  Thank you for catching all of these.

  regards,

  Dan.