Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-03

2011-04-22 14:32:53
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your review.

Ben Campbell wrote:

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please
see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive.

Document: draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-03
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date: 2011-04-11
IETF LC End Date: 2011-04-15

RFC. I have a couple of editorial comments that should be considered prior to
final publication.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

-- Note following abstract:

Will this note stay in the RFC? The note makes me unsure whether the resulting
RFC is intended to actually execute the deprecation, recommend deprecation, or
start a discussion about deprecation. I assume from the IANA section, you
intend the first.-

The note removed and the second sentence of the abstracted reworded to say that the document is deprecating/moving to historic.

-- Section 1, 7B. "Lack of hash agility."

Can you elaborate on what this means? (I think I know, but I don't know if it
will be obvious to all readers)

Some explanation added.