Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-options-registry-01.txt> (IANA Registry for Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Options) to Proposed Standard

2011-04-28 12:23:05
Hello,

Some comments on this document, currently in Last Call.

Network Working Group                                      M. Westerlund
Internet-Draft                                                  Ericsson
Updates:5245  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5245>  (if approved)
                    C. Perkins
Intended status: Standards Track                   University of Glasgow
Expires: September 29, 2011                               March 28, 2011
I don't see why the intended status for this document is Standards Track. Wouldn't Informational be enough? Could you please justify why have you chosen it?

Your registry description does not mention what is the precise name of the registry. While everybody understands that is sands for ICE options, it would be useful to give IANA distinctive guidelines on its name (this is also required in RFC5226, Section 4.2, 1) in the list; http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5226#section-4.2).

From RFC 5226, also Section 4.2:

  5) Initial assignments and reservations.  Clear instructions
          should be provided to identify any initial assignments or
          registrations.  In addition, any ranges that are to be reserved
  for "Private Use", "Reserved", "Unassigned", etc. should be
          clearly indicated.

Are there any initial assignments? Your document mentions one option; shouldn't it be registered?

  A registration request MUST include the following information:

    [ . . . ]
Shall this be mentioned as a registration template?

o  Email and Address of the Contact person
I think you should add the name of the contact person to the name of this field as well.

I see, except some aforementioned issues, this document conforms to RFC 5226, particularly Section 4.2.

Thanks in advance for considering my comments.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev