Re: How to pay $47 for a copy of RFC 793

2011-05-09 18:42:10
In article <516EBEA6-E089-4952-AE33-DE799E37548A(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net> you write:
If only there were some uniform resource locator system, whereby we
could use a string to both identify and locate such a document, and
include such a string *in* our specifications.

It exists, it's called a DOI.  I don't understand them well enough yet
to have an opinion whether it would be worth the hassle and possible
cost of assigning DOIs to RFCs.  But if you look in Xplore and the ACM
DL, just about everything has one.

R's,
John

PS: Were you thinking of something else?