Re: Second Last Call: rfc5953 (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)) to Draft Standard

2011-05-11 09:05:17
On Tue, 10 May 2011 23:28:59 -0700, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> said:

Changing the references also means the downref call needs to be
updated, as follows:

This specification contains eight normative references to standards
track documents of lower maturity: RFCs 1123, 3584, 4347, 4366,
5246, 5280, 5890, and 5952.

S> RFC 1123 is an Internet Standard (STD 3).  The normative reference is
S> not a downref.

Good point; When the reference changed from the previous RFC to this
one, it should have been removed (not changed) in the downref list.

S> P.S. I am not asking for a third Last Call.

Heh.  Yeah, I don't think that's required for an upref.

--
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions