Re: Second Last Call: rfc5953 (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)) to Draft Standard

2011-05-11 09:16:58
On 5/11/11 2:28 AM, SM wrote:
At 13:43 09-05-2011, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from the isms WG (isms) to consider the
following document:

- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP) '
RFC 5953 as a Draft Standard

Two issues were raised during the first Last Call: 1) references to
IDNA 2003 (RFC 3490) need to be replaced by references to IDNA 2008
(RFC 5890), and 2) references to RFC 1033 need to be replaced by
references to 1123. This Last Call is focused on these two issues.

[snip]

Changing the references also means the downref call needs to be
updated, as follows:

This specification contains eight normative references to standards
track documents of lower maturity: RFCs 1123, 3584, 4347, 4366,
5246, 5280, 5890, and 5952.

RFC 1123 is an Internet Standard (STD 3). The normative reference is not
a downref.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. I am not asking for a third Last Call.

Well at least now I don't have to add it to the downref registry.

spt