Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-12.txt> (DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures) to Draft Standard

2011-06-24 18:00:18

On 6/24/2011 10:33 AM, Douglas Otis wrote:
Complaints from John, Dave, and Barry and others is likely and understandably
out of fatigue. They just want the process to be over. We are now hearing there
is a vital protocol layering principle at stake which even precludes DKIM from
making these checks! Really?

For those who weren't paying attention, I thought it worth noting that Doug has now devolved into an ad hominem line of attack, complete with proffered insight into the personal motivations driving 3 of us, absent any external signs to support that insight.

My own, actual, view is that a number of us have been considerably more than thorough in responding to Doug's entirely misguided campaign, within the DKIM working group, here on the IETF list, at the TrendLabs blog, at Circleid, and at the MAAWG Technical committee mailing list.

The decision to stop responding to the substance of his postings is merely because there is no new substance. Absent any indication of his view gaining support, there's very obviously no benefit to be had in responding further.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking