Re: [hybi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-10.txt> (The WebSocket protocol) to Proposed Standard

2011-07-21 16:37:58
I am opposed to inclusion in core specification.  I would accept it as
optional extension.

DNS resolution is not a function of a transport protocol.  DNS SRV has no
special association with WS.    It is my opinion that this would be
additional cruft that is only marginally related to the purpose and function
of websockets.    It does not address a general use case.   DNS SRV applies
only to a (small?) subset of server-side implementations.    It is a good
and useful mechanism, but I do not believe it should be tied tightly to
websockets, nor included as part of the core spec.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc(_at_)aliax(_dot_)net>