Re: Concerns about the recent IPR Statement from Alcatel Lucent Related to RFC 6073

2011-07-28 09:14:15
I want to make the IETF community aware that Alcatel Lucent has withdrawn their
original IPR disclosure regarding RFC 6073, and Alcatel Lucent has submitted a
replacement statement: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1589/

I want to highlight one thing that is unique in this particular disclosure.  A
"non-assert" license to all patents held by Alcatel Lucent necessary to
implement RFC 6073 is available if requested before the end of 2011.  License
to these same patents will be available after the end of the year with the
possibility of a royalty or fee.

Russ