Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-01.txt>

2011-08-22 18:03:57
Frank,

On 2011-08-23 00:09, Frank Ellermann wrote:
Nothing is wrong in BCP 104, it needs no "updated by" moving the definition
of the term "version support" from one of its sections to another section.

But there *is* something wrong with it - it makes IPv6 sound
like an optional add-on to basic IP service.

I thought this was a bug in BCP 104 at the time, and told the
author so, but lost that argument. That was reasonable in
2004/5, but things have moved on. Then, an ISP could argue that
providing IPv6 service was difficult or impossible; today, that
excuse is weak.