Re: Discuss criteria for documents that advance on the standards track

2011-09-02 19:34:39

[BA] My comment is that having guidelines for this could help make the
advancement process more predictable.  Thank you for working on this.
Jari Arkko said:
During the discussion of the two maturity levels change, a question was brought
up about DISCUSSes appropriate for documents that advance on the standards
track. We discussed this in the IESG and I drafted some suggested guidelines.
Feedback on these suggestions would be welcome. The intent is to publish an
IESG statement to complement the already existing general-purpose DISCUSS
criteria IESG statement
(http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html).

Here are the suggested guidelines for documents that advance to IS:

http://www.arkko.com/ietf/iesg/discuss-criteria-advancing.txt

Comments appreciated. Please send comments either on this list or to the IESG
(iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org) in time before our next telechat (Thursday,
September 8, 2011).