Re: Last Call: <draft-gundavelli-v6ops-pmipv6-address-reservations-00.txt> (Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifier for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Informational RFC

2011-09-20 11:56:09
Hi Jari:

In case of PMIPv6, we need the interface ID allocation for PMIv6
domain-wide usage. We may not be able tie this to a specific EUI-64
identifier derived from a MAC identifier of any individual MAG hosting this
configuration.

But, if your recommendation is to tie the IPv6 interface identifier to the
reserved link-layer identifier (the other IANA action), that should be fine.
But, the reserved block that Suresh has in his spec is not tied to any
EUI-64 block ? That implies, we need an interface ID allocation from a new
block ? Or, recommend the node to generate the interface ID based on the
reserved Mac address and not allocate from the block Suresh created ?

Hope, I'm not missing the point.

Regards
Sri