Re: NomCom 2011-2012 feedback

2011-11-01 15:22:06
Hi Suresh,
At 20:01 30-10-2011, Suresh Krishnan wrote:
If you feel that the position of the nominees on a specific issue is
important to know, please send us a note about the issue and why you
think it is important.

The selection process uses an advice and consent model where the IETF Community leaves it to a group of random volunteers to review the positions to be filled and advise the relevant body about the appropriate person to fill a position. I find the randomness interesting and I prefer not to signify a preference based on my perception that the nominee might agree with a position I take. If I felt that the position of the nominees on a specific issue was important, it would be like issue-based voting.

"Seeing from another's point of view is often revealing, even when it fails to be compelling". [RFC 3184]

Thanks for the explanation,
-sm

P.S. And a thanks to Margaret Wasserman