Re: [IAOC] IETF to Meet in Berlin!

2011-11-29 09:37:58

On 11/29/2011 7:28 AM, IETF Administrative Director wrote:
only the second time in Germany...The IETF met in Munich for IETF 39 in 1997.

Arguably at least the third...

Although I worked in the Arpanet environment in the 70s, I wasn't involved with Internet issues until my first Internet meeting was as a graduate student, at the IETF's predecessor group, in 1982 in Munich.

Attendance was probably between 1/20th and 1/40th of today's average
attendance...

The social was held at an abbey that had wonderful dark beer in 1 litre steins. I discovered that it's best to drink only one, if flying home at 30,000 feet the next day.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking