Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-11-30 10:53:53
    > From: Ronald Bonica <rbonica(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net>

    > Allocation of a special-use /10 does not hasten the deployment of IPv6.

<Snark=0 - or as close to it as I can humanly manage.>

So, after reading the back-and-forth in the thread, I'm moved to come back to
this. Just what measures, within the I*'s purview, do you (and the rest of
the IESG, and the IAB) think _will_ hasten the deployment of IPv6?

Because the I* has had very little success in getting IPv6 deployed over the
last couple of decades. With this many smart people involved, you'd think
that if there was a good way to make it happen, somebody would have worked it
out by now.

And if there is no good way to "hasten the deployment of IPv6", if something
_does not_ have that property - is that really a strike against it?

        Noel