Re: Consensus Call: draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-11-29 23:20:05
Randy

On 11-11-29 11:30 PM, "Randy Bush" <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:

and all this is aside from the pnp, skype, ... and other breakage.
and, imiho, we can screw ipv4 life support.

Non-RFC1918 space is already used widely in Wireless Networks within CGN
Zones.

In fact I placed a number of Skype calls today from behind a CGN which is
behind a Wireless Gateway (numbered in non-RFC1918 on Radio link).

Setup:
<HOST> RFC1918 <GATEWAY> NON-RFC1918 <CGN> PUBLIC ADDRESS <PEERING>
INTERNET <SERVICE>

I also VPNed into another network from behind the same infrastructure to
do some work, wrote emails, did some shopping online and watched a Kevin
Hart Standup Movie on Netflix - all the things most people do.

this has become a contest of wills, not a technical discussion.

Did the above count towards the technical discussion?

Regards,

Victor K

randy