Re: Consensus Call (Update): draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request

2011-12-07 18:58:30
    > From: Mark Andrews <marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org>

    > And it needs a seperate I-D which indicates how equipement can signal
    > that it supports 240.0/10. Returning such a address to equipment that
    > is not prepared to receive is a *very* bad idea.

I wasn't suggesting using general use for 240/ addresses, as endpoint names -
that's a hopeless cause, there are too many things out there that can't deal
with them. Who wants an address lots of people can't talk to (with, or
without, a mechanism to discover explicitly that they can't talk to it)?

I was suggesting them purely for infrastucture use, in (probably _very_
limited) usage domains where their visibility would be over a limited scope,
one where all devices can be 'pre-cleared' for using them.

        Noel