Re: Last Call: <draft-yevstifeyev-disclosure-relation-00.txt> (The 'disclosure' Link Relation Type) to Informational RFC

2012-01-01 02:26:14
Julian, all,

When I came to fixing the examples section per received comments, I
first began to refine the example on references to separate
disclosures, and what I got was:

     Please visit
     <a rel="disclosure" href="http://example.org/ipr/meta-spec/";>
     the IPR page</a> for the list of patent disclosures made with
     respect to this specification.

(unchanged fragment of list) and, later,

    <a rel="disclosure"
     href="https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1097/";>IPR Disclosure
    #1097</a>

(this was fixed to suit real situation with RFC 5925).  And, after a
closer look, I realized that the separate-patent-disclosure semantics
and a list-thereof one are completely different.  That is a simple and
compelling reason, I think, to distinguish the semantics.

And that's why we have 'item' and 'collection' relations (now in LC)
defined as pair (actually, what my document defines may be considered
to be a special case of these in some way).

The only thing is that such proposed definition is different from the
current W3C's use of 'disclosure' relation, which is used as my
proposed 'disclosure-list', but once we have defined both, W3C will
migrate to a new, correct one (I hope).

All the best, and happy New Year,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev