Re: Requirements for improving IETF remote participation

2012-01-06 06:54:20
On 1/5/2012 2:05 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
Greetings again. As Ray Pelletier said on this list earlier, I have been
tasked with creating a set of requirements for the IETF's remote
participation system (RPS). The first draft is now at
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-genarea-rps-reqs-00>. The discussion
of the requirements is happening on the "vmeet" mailing list; see
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vmeet>.

This first draft compiles many (but certainly not all!) of the comments I
have heard so far, but I expect it to change a fair amount in the coming
months. If you are active in the IETF, even if you rarely or never come to
IETF meetings, your input is welcome.

--Paul Hoffman

The key comment should be "That one can fully participate without having
to bear the expense of continuous travel to the various global spots the
ISOC and IETF place the meetings".

The issue is whether  direct in-person participation is necessary and to
date it has been a mandatory part of holding office inside the IETF so
this also is a concern with how it mandates access for the ADA as well.

Todd

Todd S. Glassey
This is from my personal email account and any materials from this
account come with personal disclaimers.

Further I OPT OUT of any and all commercial emailings.