Re: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-authres-spf-erratum-01.txt> (Authentication-Results Registration Update for SPF Results) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-07 10:12:28
At 13:22 06-01-2012, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Authentication-Results Registration Update for SPF Results'
  <draft-kucherawy-authres-spf-erratum-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

As a editorial nit, the Introduction Section mentions that the memo updates the IANA registries. Erratum # 2617 is also about Section 2.4.2. I suggest changing the heading of Section 3 to "Update to Section 2.4.2 of RFC 5451" and some rewording of the paragraph:

 The "hardfail" result value for [SPF] (and thus also for [SENDER-ID])
 in Section 2.4.2 of RFC 5451 is replaced with the "fail" result value.

   fail: This client is explicitly not authorized to inject or relay
         mail using the sender's DNS domain.

Note that the update affects the example in Appendix B.5.

Regards,
-sm