RE: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-authres-spf-erratum-01.txt> (Authentication-Results Registration Update for SPF Results) to Proposed Standard

2012-01-08 03:39:04
Hi Murray,
At 22:03 07-01-2012, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
That's a reasonable suggestion, but I think the important thing is to change the registry than to update RFC5451 itself. If there are any sites that actually used the wrong value found in the original document, they may continue to do so and the definition for it needs to be in effect someplace.

Ok.

There's a separate erratum against the example as well, but that's less of a bug than a registry inconsistency. We can fix the example whenever we feel like advancing a proper RFC5451bis.

Agreed.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't object to acknowledging in this draft that the example you cited also has the same error. Would that suffice?

Yes.

Off-topic note, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6434

Regards,
-sm