Re: Please remove draft-ordogh-spam-reporting-using-imap-kleansed fromI-D repository

2012-01-22 13:39:12
On 1/21/2012 10:53 AM, t.petch wrote:
Alessandro

You could, of course, issue an updated version which simply says that its
predecessor should not have been filed for the reasons you give in the e-mail.
No  need to include any other text whatsoever (except, of course, the relevant
boiler plate).

Tom
No actually he cant. That will complicate the matter since the IETF
publishing manner has specifically been set up to destroy the ability to
recall anything. The license to use per the copyright statement is
irrevocable even through the revisions process.

That's right - it was published with a set of specific rights use
statements which are factually wrong and now the IETF is stuck with that
- unless a recall practice is put in place immediately like all other
publications houses have.

Todd

That seems simpler to me than asking the system to do something rather unusual
that it may not have a mechanism to do.  In future, there could always be
another version moving the process forward in the appropriate direction.

Tom Petch